Friday, March 7, 2014

Still Foolin’ ‘Em by Billy Crystal





Still Foolin’ ‘Em by Billy Crystal
Title: Still Foolin’ ‘Em:  Where I’ve Been, Where I’m Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys?
Author: Billy Crystal
Read by:  Billy Crystal
Publisher: MacMillian Audio
Length: 7 CDs, approximately 8 hours
Source: The Kewaunee Public Library

Still Foolin’ ‘Em by Billy Crystal was quite frankly, one of the best audiobooks I’ve ever listened to.  In this audiobook, Crystal talks about turning sixty-five and growing older with his trademark humor and a lot of sincerity.  He also talks about his life growing up, falling in love and getting married, having children, and breaking into comedy and movies.

In a unique twist, several of the chapters are performed before a live audience.  I loved it, especially Crystal’s interactions with the audience.  I have enjoyed Crystal’s movies in the past, but truthfully I didn’t know much about him.  I loved hearing his life story and was impressed by his love for his wife (since he first met her at age 18!), daughters, family, and friends.  I felt like Crystal was a very down to earth and sincere man despite his fame.  This book only made me like him more.  I really want to see his movies that I haven’t seen and revisit old favorites.  I definitely should look for more of his books.  

Overall, this audiobook made me laugh and also brought a tear to my eye.  It was an enjoyable book about life, living it, and growing older.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment